Friday, February 10, 2012

If Only I Could Afford Sasquatch Tix

So I have lived in Washington state for about three years now, give or take. There are many reasons I was excited to move out here, with escaping the Midwest topping the list. Music and culture were also on that long list.

Since moving out here, I have never actually been inside the Seattle Art Museum, just the lobby and restrooms. There have been no plays or theatre performances in my time here. What kills me the most, is the lack of music experiences in my life. Forget about the EMP Museum in Seattle, or any of the billions (it seems) of different musical fests going on. I have never even been to concert in the last three years!

Woe is me, I know. The one concert festival that really makes me upset I'm broke is Sasquatch. For those of that don't know yet, Sasquatch is a four day concert festival held at The Gorge Ampitheatre in George, Washington. This area is perfect for camping, and if you want to see this awesome show you will be shelling out over $300 for a four day pass. Then you throw in extra fees (parking, camping, gas, etc...) and this is a pretty pricey show.

What do you get for all this cash? Headliners include Jack White and Beck. I like Beck, but the real push here is Jack White. The man is talented as all get up and this is supporting his first ever solo album. Have you heard the new single, Love Interruption?

I really like it. It has the bluesy sound we have come to expect from Jack White, but reminds me of The White Stripes era. What do you guys think?

The rest of the Sasquatch 2012 lineup can be found at their official site. Bands of note so far are Tenacious D, The Shins, The Roots, Silversun Pickups, Feist, Of Monsters and Men, fun., Grouplove, and so many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment